Almost always, yes, unless you are doing a project that is purely cosmetic on the interior of the building.
Are there different kinds of services that architects offer, an if so, what are they?
An architect acts as the captain of your design ship by providing a vast array of services under his stewardship. They include the very important services of understanding your needs and designing to those specific needs. In addition, an architect provides:
- All required engineering services, such as structural engineering
- Selection of color and materials
- Processing of your project to obtain building permits, etc.
- Selection of a contractor to build your project
- Review of the construction process, from beginning to end, which helps to keep costs under control and ensures that the design vision is properly carried out
Are there additional services that architects offer?
Yes, and some of them include:
- Green or sustainable design
- Lighting design
- Landscape design (including pools and other related landscape elements)
- Kitchen design for restaurants and nightclubs
- Furniture and fixture design
- Branding and graphics design
- And many other custom services that we can discuss during your needs analysis interview.
How much does this cost, and how do I pay for it?
Do you provide complimentary initial interviews or do I have to pay for that?
- A review of your program needs
- An estimate of costs for your project
- A timeline as to how long it will take
- Any issues related to obtaining necessary permits
How do I obtain more information?